Sections- Making Every Pixel Count
1. Introduction- 3 minutes
2. Layout, Tools, and Palettes- 44 minutes
This introduction to Photoshop explains all of the fundamental features of the program.
3. Menus- 68 minutes
Continuing with the introduction we examine what each of the Photoshop menus hold.
4. Layers– 35 minutes
The various properties of layers in Photoshop are graphically illustrated with several clever examples (see video on this page).
5. Masks- 39 minutes
Used extensively throughout this video, here is the introduction to this powerful tool.
6. Masks and Selections- 10 minutes
Briefly example the interchangeability of Masks and Selections.
7. Keyboard Shortcuts- 13 minutes
Know your buttons expedite your work.
8. LRGB Production- 38 minutes
A complete explanation of how to approach creating an LRGB image in Photoshop. This section highlights Adam Block’s use of the Shadow/Highlight tool as well.
9. Creating RGB images- 14 minutes
How to get RGB assigned grayscale images into Photoshop’s color channels and create a new color image.
10. Inserting into RGB Channels- 18 minutes
Similar to the previous section, but another way to consider approaching making RGB combined images in Photoshop.
11. Using the High-Pass Filter- 44 minutes
Few sections better demonstrate POWERFUL processing tools in Photoshop. (see video this page)
12. Lab Color Space Enhancements- 21 minutes
Another section that is certain to bring joy to your pictures.
13. Soft Light Enhancements- 8 minutes
Quick, easy and powerful. Use the Soft Light blending mode to make your images shine.
14. Multiplicative Contrast Enhancement- 8 minutes
A variation of the Soft Light technique (above). A very good example is shown.
15. Star Replacement and Substitution– 16 minutes
Does your object look good but the stars are terrible? How about putting RGB stars into narrowband images? Here is a way to do it.
16. Stars and the Minimum Filter- 17 minutes
A standard technique of de-emphasizing stars. Variations on this theme are demonstrated when used in combination with the Unsharp Mask filter.
17. Sky and Star Adjustments (Masks)- 43 minutes
Illustrates how to operate on these two fundamental image aspects using Masks. This offers a powerful way to solve many processing problems.
18. Noise Reduction and Smoothing- 19 minutes
Use an object mask to properly polish your image with noise reduction!
19. Fixing Scattered Light- 16 minutes
A scary section on bad things that can happen… but do not dismay! Good ideas for fixing this problem are shown.
20. Another Sky Replacement Example- 9 minutes
More ideas on this critical subject.
21. Gradients- 23 minutes
The use of Russell Croman’s Gradient Exterminator and other solutions using Masks.
22. Selective Processing Examples- 16 minutes
Other ways to approach manipulating your images.
23. Unsharp Mask- 9 minutes
The use of this filter has never waned. Be certain you understand it fully!
24. Star Repair- 19 minutes
The many manual ways to deal with mis-shapen stars. Brute force and beneficial.
Total Time: 9 hours 30 minutes