FeaturesStellarium shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope. It is an awesome tool for astrophotographers for planning an evening at the telescope. Here are some notable features:
Default catalogue of over 600,000 stars and and extra catalogues with more than 210 million stars.
Images of nebulae (full Messier catalogue).
The planets and their satellites.
- very realistic atmosphere, sunrise and sunset
- a powerful zoom-
- time control- see when an object of interest rises or is high in the sky
- multilingual interface
- fisheye projection for planetarium domes
- asterisms and illustrations of the constellations
- spheric mirror projection for your own low-cost dome
- nice graphical interface and extensive keyboard control
- telescope control (this feature not tried by AstroPhotography Tonight yet)
- equatorial and azimuthal grids
- star twinkling- adds to the realism
- shooting stars
- eclipse simulation
- spheric panorama projection
- add your own deep sky objects, landscapes, constellation images, scripts